Wetlands Frequently Asked Questions

The Dracut Conservation Commission administers the Massachusetts Wetland Protection Act, MGL Chapter 131, Section 40, and the Dracut Wetlands Protection Bylaw (PDF). If you are planning construction, paving, tree clearing, landscaping, or any other building project near a wetland, you may need to file for a permit with the Dracut Conservation Commission.

This document is not the Dracut Wetlands Protection Bylaw however, it is a great reference that further explains terms in the Wetlands Protection Act and Dracut Wetlands Protection Bylaw, outlines the permitting process, and answers some common questions about wetlands and applying the law and bylaw. If you have any questions, including whether or not your proposed project is in a wetland or buffer zone, or if you need assistance determining the correct permit to file, please contact the Dracut Conservation Department.

View or download the Wetlands FAQs.