Abandoned & Unclaimed Funds

According to Massachusetts General Laws, Chapter 200A, Disposition of Unclaimed Property, Section 9A, checks issued by the Town of Dracut are void if not cashed within one year from the date of issue. You can, however, get the check reissued.

List of Uncashed Town Checks

View our List of Uncashed Town Checks (PDF) (current as of June 7, 2023).

Get Your Check Reissued

If your name (or the name of someone for whom you served as executor) is on the list above, to get your check reissued:

  1. Fill out and print our claim form (PDF) - all information must be completed
  2. Sign the form. It must have an original signature - electronic copies, photocopies and faxed copies will not be accepted
  3. Put it in an envelope and drop it in the drop box in front of Dracut Town Hall, or mail to:
Mailing Address:
Town of Dracut
62 Arlington Street
Dracut, MA 01826

Contact Us

For more information, contact the Treasurer’s Office, or call 978-454-8262